Also, more up-to-date, activist-oriented listings are kept at smokescreen
- This professionally developed site is specifically designed as a quick reference to guide intentional and selective people searching for smoke-free accommodations. Our sole purpose is to provide easy access to the specific smoke-free accommodations you want for dining, lodging, celebrations, romantic getaways, business conferences, family vacations, transportation, or personal recreation and renewal. Organized for easy reference, Nonsmokerstravel.com is a highly respected and accurate resource that will consistently and effectively guide you to the specific accommodations you're looking for. Along with a color photograph and detailed directions, each business summary will reflect a detailed description with accommodations and amenities.
- In this section of the Smoke-Free Environments Law Project web site, we have provided links to authoritative articles and studies which address various issues concerning the economic impact of smoke-free policies and laws. These articles focus both on the impact on employers/businesses of adopting smoke-free policies and on the economic impact of not having smoke-free policies, since there are clear costs to employers and businesses which continue to permit smoking.
Twenty-Five Reasons to Become a Smoke-Free Restaurant
Going Smoke-Free Profitably From Ira Sharenow in Madison, WI
THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): HOW IT CAN PROTECT YOU FROM SECOND-HAND SMOKE
WORLD and NATIONAL
- These listed diners feature a completely smoke-free environment. Based on our observations, we have found that not only do these diners provide a healthier atmosphere for their customers and employees alike, they are also helping their bottom line. Despite what many owners may think, smokers cost them money. The only things that these diners lost when going non-smoking were the customers who would sit at a stool (or even taking up a booth) for a half hour or longer with a cup of coffee and a succession of cigarettes
- This database lists more than 4,000 restaurants, cafes, bars, and other Colorado eating places that are 100% smoke-free. This is published by GASP (Group to Alleviate Smoking Pollution) of Colorado.
MassachusettsSouth Coast Smokefree Dining From the South Shore Boards Of Health Collaborative Tobacco Control Program
The New York City Department of Health conducts inspections of all food service establishments in the city. . . This site allows you to search by restaurant name or location to find out about the most recent significant violations issued . . . If you would like to receive a copy of the full inspection report by mail, call the Department of Health at (212) 442-9666 between 9 A.M. and 5 P.M., Monday through Friday. In addition to the violations listed in this web site, the report will contain other general violations including those related to smoking.
- A new booklet from the Onondaga County Tobacco Education and Action Coalition is designed for people such as Quigley-Bailey, who look for a smoke-free environment. The booklet, "Get a Taste of 100 Percent Smoke-Free Dining" lists 207 restaurants in Central New York that don't allow any smoking. The coalition includes representatives of a variety of health organizations, including the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, the American Lung Association and the Onondaga County Health Department.
- This is a list of restaurants which are entirely smoke-free. You are encouraged to show this list to restaurant managers in the hope that it will encourage more restaurants to go smoke-free.
- These are the 24 smoke-free restaurants recognized by the local American Cancer Society.
- Even though many restaurants around town like to offer the choice of smoking and non-smoking sections there are certain patrons who would rather dine at an establishment that offers all non smoking. For those of you who would rather not deal with the smoke, Calendar Online has created this guide to restaurants in the Central Florida area that are completely smoke free. For the restaurants out there who are smoke free but not listed please send your information to Kelly Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org Lake County
- The 3rd edition of the guide boasts over 1400 listings
- For the purpose of inclusion in the 3rd edition, there must be no smoking by patrons or employees anywhere on the premises.
- Single copies are available free of charge or by calling the Health Promotion Clearinghouse at 1-800-537-5666. Additional copies can be ordered through the MI Dept. of Community Health--Tobacco Section at (517) 335-8376.
- 8/28/01 Illinois Smoke-free Restaurant Recognition Program Also try: Dupage Health Dept. Tobacco page
- The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has begun a new initiative that encourages restaurant owners to adopt a smoke-free policy within their establishments. The Illinois Smoke-free Restaurant Recognition Program recognizes those restaurants that have gone entirely smoke-free and raises public awareness to the dangers of exposure to second-hand smoke. Establishments choosing to participate in the program receive a certificate designating them as smoke-free restaurants and are listed on the Department¹s Web site.
- This report contains a list of jurisdictions, with the date smoke-free restaurants/bars became, or will become, effective. Some laws permit smoking in separately enclosed, independently ventilated, designated smoking rooms.
31, rue Vieille du Temple, 75004 Paris--quartier du Marais
Paris' first smoke-free bar [Sorry, no URL]
- KASYNO WOJSKOWE: Regrettably, we can no longer recommend this restaurant. The smoking ban here is routinely ignored, especially when the soldiers start consuming alcohol, which often happens before noon. (Does NATO need an army like this?) . . . LOTOS: Unlike at the Zebra, here the proportions are correct: the bigger room is smokefree. The bad news is that even under Chinese authority, smoke doesn't stay in the smoking section. (16 Strumykowa) . . . RELAKS: A good place to complete a culinary tour of Szewska Street. Sit near the door to avoid the smoke in the back room. (4 Szewska)
- .The Smokefree Apartment House Registry is a project of Smokefree Air For Everyone (S.A.F.E.) and Community Partners, Los Angeles .Most Californians are aware of the health hazards of secondhand smoke and wish to be protected from it. However, many apartment owners are not aware that they have the choice to designate all or part of an apartment building or complex as smokefree. Smokefree apartments are less costly to maintain and may be cheaper to insure.We offer a free listing on our web site to apartment owners who have chosen to establish a total or partial smokefree policy in their buildings. Our web site will also be free to prospective tenants.
Go To: Tobacco BBS HomePage / Resources Page / Health Page / Documents Page / Culture Page / Activism Page
END OF DOCUMENT