USA, by State
|Jump to full article: Duluth (MN) News-Tribune, 2000-03-07|
Author: Chris Hamilton / News-Tribune staff writer
A cigarette maker is not responsible for the death of a Duluth man who claimed the company negligently sold asbestos-filled filters in their brand almost 50 years ago.
That was the decision reached by a St. Louis County jury on Monday after a three-week trial.
The jury also rejected the nearly $1.2 million in damages the family of Richard A. Carlson, who died of cancer in 1996, was seeking from the New York-based Lorillard Tobacco Co. . . ``The jury heard all of the evidence and determined Kent Micronite cigarettes did not cause this gentleman's mesothelioma,'' said Thomas Thibodeau, a Duluth attorney representing Lorillard.
Jump to full article »