[Headlines Only] [Top Stories Only]
Categories
· Fires/Injuries
· Pets/Animals
USA, by State
· Pennsylvania

South Whitehall Township fire that killed brothers caused by careless smoking  

Jump to full article: Easton (PA) Express-Times, 2012-02-24
Author: Precious Petty * The Express-Times

Intro:

Fire at 1920 Walbert Ave. in South Whitehall Township Two men died in the early morning of Feb. 22, 2012 after a three-alarm fire at 1920 Walbert Ave. in South Whitehall Township. A dog also died in the fire. Express-Times * JAY WAGNER Watch video

Careless smoking caused the South Whitehall Township fire Wednesday that killed two brothers and a dog, police said. . . .

This is the second fatal Lehigh County fire this month that authorities say was caused by careless smoking.

An unattended cigarette sparked the Whitehall Township blaze that killed 56-year-old Tina Groller.

Groller had escaped the 3308 N. Ruch St. fire, but returned to her burning home to save the family cat.

Jump to full article »